- This event has passed.
Introduction to UCU Learning Reps – role and function
March 5, 2019
This one day introduction course is open to all UCU learning reps and those in the branch who may have an interest in taking on the role.
Date: 5th March 2019
Duration: 1 day
Please note: You should ensure you can attend the entire course prior to submitting your application. Please further ensure you have secured time off from your employer.
Every UCU branch should have at least one Union Learning Rep. This course will look at your role as a Learning Rep, and how to extend the UCU organising agenda through learning. We will see the value of the role as not only a lifelong learning and recruitment opportunity, but also in terms of negotiating and bargaining on behalf of UCU members in your branch.
This course will cover the following:
- Your rights as a UCU union learning rep artikkelens kilde
- Barriers to learning and development in your workplace
- Equality issues around access to members learning and professional development
- The role of the ULR in the branch
- Where next for the branch?
If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on email@example.com or book via the link below: